13 September, 2019 In News
MMR vaccine – Update 2 December 2019
The Papanui Medical Centre is required to restrict the administration of the MMR vaccine as per our instructions from the DHB.
The current national priorities for MMR vaccination are:
- ensure all children receive their vaccinations on time at 15 months (12 months in Auckland) and four years to maintain the national Childhood Immunisation Schedule
- susceptible close contacts within 72 hours of first exposure to measles when possible
- babies aged six months to 11 months who live in Auckland or who are travelling to Auckland or overseas to a country that has an active outbreak of measles
- children and adolescents aged 15 and under who have not had a single dose of MMR
- in accordance with the National Immunisation Schedule, all children under five who have not received either dose of MMR should be actively recalled. We consider active recall of this group to be in line with the priority groups.
- people under the age of 50 travelling from New Zealand to Samoa, Tonga, Philippines and Fiji.